Thursday, July 14, 2011

Showtime Features New Docudrama on SF Giants

The 2010 World Series champs are taking part in a new Showtime docudrama that takes you behind the scenes with the SF Giants.


===
For die-hard baseball fans, and especially Giants fans, you might want to subscribe to Showtime, as "The Franchise" aired this week for the first time on the network. The show takes a look inside the clubhouse of the Giants, and the hour-long premier episode featured, among other things, Jeremy Affeldt making an emotional visit to victimized Giant fan Brian Stow and a close-up look at Buster Posey's slightly mangled ankle.

In my opinion, cutting-edge cable networks simply can't make enough of these "inside the game" features, and given that I live in SF and have become attached to the Giants of late, I'm so totally sold on this.

Just when I was about to cancel Showtime due to my ongoing economic crisis and the lack of a Californication episode for some time, I've got a reason to believe.

Read more about the show here and here and here.