Friday, November 11, 2011
The No-Huddle: Bush Carries the Raiders Past Chargers
Welcome to "The No-Huddle," the NFL Blog that runs the two-minute drill with the best of them.
1. Michael Bush smashmouthed the Bolts on Thursday Night Football. And then some. Bush's 242 yards from scrimmage were the most by a Raider since the merger. Yes, even more than Bo Jackson's 235 vs. Seattle in 1987. So much for missing Darren McFadden. Huge win for the Raiders, who sit atop the sketchy AFC West for the moment.
2. What's more likely, 16-0 or 0-16?
3. The Vikes are 2-8 in their last 10 MNF appearances, and will head to Green Bay with rookie Christian Ponder at the helm. Can you say 2-9?
4. The Saints have a +1 turnover ratio at home, but they are -7 on the road. The good news? They've won in their last two trips to the Georgia Dome.
5. How cool is this? Sunday was the third time this season that Texans LB Brian Cushing needed his face bandaged.
6. The Chargers, at 4-5, are in the midst of their longest losing streak since 2003.
7. Before the season started, would anybody have circled the 'Niners-Giants game as the game of week 10? Well, here we are -- week 10 -- and it is the game to watch. Giants fans beware. Since Tom Coughlin took over the helm in New York, the Giants have gone 24-32 in the second half of the season, for 24th best in the NFL.
8. Speaking of the 'Niners, he of the 5 consecutive 100 yd rushing games, Frank Gore, is not in perfect health and has been limited in practice this week. With the "Dilferization" of Alex Smith ongoing in SF, Gore's health will be key for this game.
9. It hasn't been all bad for the Eagles. At least they have LeSean McCoy, the NFL's leading rusher. It doesn't make sense, with a runner like McCoy at their disposal, that the Eagles have blown 4th quarter leads in 4 of their 5 losses.
10. Upset Special? Sure, I've got an upset special for ya...How about Miami winning its second straight over the lost-at-sea Redskins?