Monday, December 8, 2014

Sharks' Holiday Sweater Rap Could be NHL Chart-Topper this Xmas



The San Jose Sharks have released their holiday video--entitled "Holiday Sweater"--and, well, let's just say that it's pretty far out there and the league might want to do some drug testing on a few of the guys involved in the video (relax, just kidding).

Man, if only the Sharks could have been this loose last April when they blew a 3-0 lead against the L.A. Kings in the first round of the playoffs. But no matter, it's the holiday season and the time is ripe for throwing on your most comfortable holiday sweater and kicking back to some good old-fashioned white man's rap.

While the song might be a tad redundant (maybe one too many verses, or maybe that is just the rock critic in me?), the Sharks' "Holiday Sweater" has the makings of a true slapstick classic thanks to laugh-out-loud lyrics like this:

"They don't look tacky, they don't look weird, they feel kind of funky like a playoff beard," and "feel like I scored an empty-netter when I put on my holiday sweater," and "I look so fly I look so sexy even with my face smashed up on the plexi/ when it snows or the weather gets wetter, I just whip out my holiday sweater."

Our personal fave was No. 15 James Sheppard, who really seemed to have a bit of the Flavor-flave in him, don't you think?





Okay, now let's all sing it together one last time:

HOLIDAY SWEATER, HOLIDAY SWEATER, TIME FOR ME TO ROCK MY HOLIDAY SWEATER/ HOLIDAY SWEATER, HOLIDAY SWEATER, DON'T YOU WANT TO SMELL MY HOLIDAY SWEATER!