Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Jagr: Max Domi is Bleeping Unbelievable


In a Q&A with TSN's Frank Seravalli, Panthers' living legend Jaromir Jagr had some high praise for two rookies not named McDavid or Eichel: Max Domi and Dylan Larkin. Here's an excerpt from said interview.

Seravalli: Who is the most under-the-radar star on the Panthers?

Read the full Jaromir Jagr Q&A Here

Jagr: (scans the locker room) “Well, I think I’ve got two of them on my line (Jonathan Huberdeau and Aleksander Barkov). Flying under the radar is good. It’s good for everybody. Sometimes, if someone doesn’t have a big name, it doesn’t mean they’re not a good player.

“For example, look at those two rookies this year everybody is talking about - (Connor) McDavid and (Jack) Eichel. But I watched Arizona for a little bit. I saw Max Domi. He was (bleeping) unbelievable. Nobody’s talking about him. Why? “How about the guy in Detroit? (Dylan) Larkin. Good player, already plays on the first line, making plays. Who else? The big guy on the Rangers: (Oscar) Lindberg.

“Then I watch Domi. It’s not even the goals. I like the way he played, one-on-one. He won battles. He made passes and got open. That was impressive, too, mostly because he is Tie Domi’s son. (laughing)”