Monday, January 4, 2016

Jagr would prefer Bahamas to NHL All-Star Game



He's joking, right?

Nope.

Jaromir Jagr, a.k.a. ageless wonder, tells reporters he'd rather be in the Bahamas than playing this month's NHL all star game in Nashville.

"I asked the fans... don't vote for me, but they didn't listen," said Jagr. "I think they don't like me much so they want to see me dead."

Jagr famously tweeted in December that the NHL's new 3-on-3 all-star format would kill him, so he pleaded to them not to vote for him.



Apparently it didn't work. Jagr was voted an all-star captain, and he's not exactly thrilled.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll probaby have to go--I don't know what the rules are. Probably the fans think I need to get into shape."

When asked if he didn't like Nashville, Jagr deadpanned "Yeah, it's great, I'd rather be in Florida, trust me. Or Bahamas."