Monday, September 26, 2016

Bruins Ink Marchand to 8-Year, $49 Million Deal



The little ball of hate is loving life in Boston. Brad Marchand signed an 8-year, $49 million deal with the Bruins on Monday and figures to be a part of the Original Six club for the remainder of his career.

"Boston has become my second home," Marchand said. "I absolutely love it there. I'm very excited about what's ahead for our team. I really believe in our team and our group and what we're working towards. It's a place that I'm very excited about being for the next number of years and potentially my whole career."

Marchand, coming off a career year that saw him rack up 37 goals and 24 assists in 77 games, was heading into the fourth year of an $18 million deal. His new deal with pay him $8 million in 2017-18 and 2018-19, with a no-movement clause built in until the end of the 2021-22 season, per General Fanager.

The 28-year-old winger has gone 153-136-289 in seven NHL seasons with the Bruins. He was part of Boston's Cup-winning team in 2011. Marchand has amassed 39 playoff points for the Bruins in 66 post-season games.