Monday, October 17, 2016

Jimmy Vesey Scores First NHL Goal in Rangers Win over San Jose



Highly touted rookie Jimmy Vesey scored his first NHL goal during the Rangers 7-4 win over the San Jose Sharks on Monday at the Garden.

Vesey, the standout free-agent that was being wooed by what felt like half of the NHL this summer, is starting to feel at home with New York after signing a two-year deal in August.

"I've felt more and more comfortable on the ice in all three games, so I think this just gives me more confidence," Vesey said. "I think just having the puck in the offensive zone I'm not really hesitant to make a mistake. I'm holding to on to it and making more plays."

Vesey played on a line with Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan. The 23-year-old is a plus-2 in his first three games, with one point.