Friday, January 20, 2017

Laine Doesn't Remember Much about Hit He Took from McCabe



Rookie phenom Patrik Laine says he doesn't remember much about the hit that concussed him on January 7th.

Asked if he can remember the hit, Laine, 19, said: "Kind of... I got the puck and that's it--I can't remember anything else. I can't--that's all. It wasn't a good feeling, but that kind of stuff happens and I hope that I won't get hit like that again."

Laine skated in non-contact fashion during Winnipeg's practice today. It is still unclear as to when he will make his return.

He says the symptoms dragged him down a bit but that he's gotten much better in the last few days.

"Just headaches and I was kind of tired all the time. Just focussing it was hard, but basically headaches and I was tired."

Laine said the fog started to clear a few days ago. "It's been pretty good now," he said. "Just get back to work."

Laine has been incredible in his rookie season for the Jets. He has poured in 21 goals in 37 games. He is second in rookie goals, behind Auston Matthews, and tied with Mitch Marner for second in rookie points with 37.

He said he's not sure when he'll be ready to play. "I don't know. It's day-by-day. But I think it's looking pretty good now--hopefully soon."