Thursday, April 6, 2017

Cam Fowler to Miss Two to Six Weeks for Ducks



The Ducks will be without all-star defenseman Cam Fowler for two to six weeks, reports GM Bob Murray, per Eric Stephens of the OC Register. Fowler was injured in a knee-to-knee collision on Tuesday night that led to a vicious third period between the two clubs.

According to Stephens, Murray told reporters that Fowler's injury was a sprain, not a tear.

Murray also had some harsh words for Giordano, who was not penalized on the play. "As an old player I have no use for knee-on-knee hits," he said, according to greg Beacham of the Associated Press. "And especially if I think they are somewhat intentional."

He added: "The media in Toronto is saying 'Well, he's a good guy. Well he's done this before.' I have no respect for people who go after knees. I'm sorry, but knees, they wreck your careers real quick -- I don't like it."